Tuesday 4 July 2017

Famous Guitar Quotes

FAMOUS GUITAR QUOTES


“My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am.”
– Joan Jett

“If you don’t know the blues… there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

“So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I’d try it too.”
– Stevie Ray Vaughan

“The guitar is a small orchestra. It is polyphonic. Every string is a different color, a different voice.”
– Andre Segovia

“I went to my friend’s house one day, and he had an electric guitar he had just bought with a tiny little amp. I turned the volume up to 10 and I hit one chord, and I said, I’m in love.”
– Ace Frehley

“It was my 16th birthday – my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do – write songs and sing them to people.”
– Stevie Nicks

“I don’t read music. I don’t write it. So I wander around on the guitar until something starts to present itself.”
– James Taylor

“I don’t understand why some people will only accept a guitar if it has an instantly recognizable guitar sound. Finding ways to use the same guitar people have been using for 50 years to make sounds that no one has heard before is truly what gets me off.”
– Jeff Beck

“I’m singing what I want to sing based on the emotion of what that day feels like. That’s what comes out of my mouth and guitar. That impacts people. They know anything can happen.”
– John Mayer

“I just managed to convince my grandmother that it was a worth while that was something to do, you know, and when I did finally get the guitar, it didn’t seem that difficult to me, to be able to make a good noise out of it.”
– Eric Clapton

“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.”
– Jimi Hendrix

“I’m not good enough to be playin’ much acoustic guitar onstage. Man, you gotta get so right; I mean, the tones, the feel, the sound. Plus, acoustic blues guitar is just that much harder on the fingers. I really appreciate when someone can blow me away with live acoustic blues.”
– Johnny Winter

“I’ve looked at photographs of myself during concerts and it sometimes looks as if I’m in a fencing move, with a guitar in my hands instead of a sword.”
– Neil Diamond

“I’m pretty basic as far as technique is concerned. I don’t use many gadgets, and I like the sound my guitar makes, anyway.”
– Brian May

“As a guitar player, you can gravitate to the blues because you can play it easily. It’s not a style that’s difficult to pick up. It’s purely emotive and dead easy to get a start with.”
– Boz Scaggs

“Recording is God’s way of telling you that you suck.”
– Bob Brozman

“Except for a few guitar chords, everything I’ve learned in my life that is of any value I’ve learned from women.”
– Glenn Frey




No comments:

Post a Comment

loading...